As 2018 draws to a close, I am in the midst of my annual review of the year, and it was a good one, but a CHALLENGING one.
Each good thing that happened, and there were many of them, were hard fought achievements. Here is a list of what I consider to be my top five creative accomplishments.
- My first creation on this list was completed in the spring. It was a handbuilt box, fashioned in steampunk style.
2. These creations are grouped together, for they represent the magical moment of one of my early raku firings. They were the start of my love affair with raku! You can see me in action on the wheel making a raku vase here!
3. These two pieces are very special to me! With these two pieces I tried to create landscape effects on pottery with raku. Rumi’s landscape went to a very special person. Hi, Mom! The two pictures show how different lighting impacts the photography of the same vase! You can see more of our raku vases here!
4. A raku owl called Archimedes who has taken up residence in the UK, and a couple of his friends, who have yet to fly off to their new home! You can see more of our owl family here.
5. Christmas Ornaments! This year I developed a process to throw Christmas ornaments on the wheel, and love the results. I have a request for a few pink ones! You can check out our Christmas tree and more ornaments in this short video.
A special thank you to everyone who has supported my little pottery adventure through purchasing a piece, following me online, for the kind words and encouragement. You are all stars!
Which was your favourite creation(s)? And is there anything you would like to see me make in 2019?